I really like the feeling of looking over what I’ve been able to produce. The feeling of hard work paying off is the definition of satisfaction I suppose, so here’s to yet another redundant post.
the words on the page
are contradictions describing contradictions
meaningless symbols portraying thoughts
getting lost and applying meaning
to whatever we’re struggling to deal with ourselves.
reality is that picture
you have on your dresser.
That beautiful bordered portrait of something real,
that you knew, that you felt in your beautiful bones.
that’s all we’ll ever want,
out of all we’ll ever do.
Okay so a suitable first post for a blog like this would be to list the goals and reasons behind doing it. I think. So let’s do that. Here’s why I’m doing this:
- To poke at and hopefully get a bit of a rise out of the creative koala that exists within me that kicked the shit out of grade nine english class. Poor little guy’s been lulled into hibernation by a series of poorly chosen majors and minors. College sucks. Can koala’s even hibernate? Is that a thing? This is a bad start. Moving on.
- To criticize and bitch about things I likely have absolutely no business criticizing and bitching about. This is all I do in real life. It is all I shall do on the internet. Know why? I’ll tell you through the art of the gif link. Yeah. Expect more of those on here. I repeat.
- To find some focus through distraction (I know, I know) so I can bear down and actually work on things I need to work on to get to where I want to be in life.
- To passively aggressively talk about people that won’t know about this blog. That’s what blogs are for… right? Thanks Oprah.
- To document the stupid things I think about for later humiliation.
- To satisfy my apparent insatiable lust for well-timed gif’s through links. Pretty well the only thing I’ve been able to figure out on here and I plan to beat it senselessly. Hah, that one’s not even a gif. Got em.
All in all, I’m in it for some pretty selfish reasons and essentially for my own entertainment, but if I’m somehow able to conjure up a following out of the ether and entertain them a bit, well then that’s just a bunch more fun.